Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 336; Gatekeepers

The beauty lies behond the gate...
who should you let in?

Gatekeepers

I’m going to keep this one short boys and girls, because I have a TEdx talk to give---can you feel my excitement?
Anyway, a gatekeeper has the arduous task of keeping a community safe by making sure that only the right folks get in.
In ancient times, this role was one of the most important roles in the village. We still have gatekeepers; they are at our jobs, homes and even churches.
You are the gatekeeper of your own heart.
If we post the wrong sentinel or sentiment, we let the wrong folks in and keep the right ones out.
My question to you today is this; do you know the difference? Do you know who to send away and who to allow to have full rein? Knowing the difference is crucial.
Are you aware of the times when the gate was opened and should have remained closed or when you opened it wide to someone bent on destruction?
I know, it’s a big question, but as I’ve said, I have a big day.
Be you, be well, be open to love
Bertice Berry, PhD.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment