5 Ways To Be New
It’s that time of year when folks look back at how tragic and difficult the year has been. It’s also a time when we look at our highpoints.
Today, I’d like you to examine your heart to find ways to start out new. Here are 5 ways to get there.
· Instead of thinking about your looks, think about your outlook. How do you see the world? Do you think everything is evil and headed for destruction or do you see life’s beauty and goodness? What you see in the world is a direct reflection of what you hold in your own heart.
· Instead of setting goals for having more, set a goal for doing more for others. We all know that you can’t take it with you; but you should also know that your true wealth and legacy lies in the way you treat others.
· We all want love in our lives and we have it, so instead of setting a goal to find a mate, set a goal to build the relationships you already have. Strive to mend, improve and repair the ones that are broken. If you have children, strive to love them more and to be more loving.
· If you want a new home, maintain and repair the one you have.
· Be grateful each and every day and you will see through a new lens.
We are embarking on a new year, so seek and cultivate a new you.
Be you, be well, be new.
Bertice Berry, PhD.