Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Day 362: Reset Your Life


Reset Your Life

Several year ago while in Hawaii at a week-long retreat with wellness practitioners from around the globe, I learned a most important lesson.
The participants had all met early one morning for a baptismal ceremony lead by one of the local teachers.
He told us a story about our lives. He said that we were born like an empty bowel but every act of jealousy, envy and strife added more and more stones to our bowel. The bowel becomes heavy with grief and pain and change seems impossible.
He said that we could try to take each stone out one by one, but when we do, it feels as if another stone takes it place.
“The solution is simple,” he told us, “just flip over and empty yourself out.”
After this powerful teaching I swam out and did as I often do when I’m in the ocean; I forgot myself and kept swimming further and further. I am accustomed to being called back to shore, but this time, people were yelling to tell me that I was being followed by a group of large sea turtles.
After I reluctantly came back to shore, I learned that sea turtles brought a most wonderful sign of good fortune.
Today, commit your heart and head to renewal—just for today, then do it again tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow. As you change, so will your fortune.
Flip yourself over and be renewed.

Be you, be well, be reset.
Bertice Berry, PhD.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment