Monday, December 24, 2012

Day 360; Have No Regrets



No Regrets
When I look back over my life, I find that there are very few of those things I wish I had done. True, I should have learned to play golf at Sawgrass when I had the offer in college, but I still can.
There are a few guys I should have been nicer to and if I wanted to I probably still could (if you catch my drift.)
We all wish we had known then what we know now, but the truth is, we know now what we will need to know today.
A hospice nurse named Bonnie Ware from Australia made observations of the regrets of people who were dying. In her book Top Five Regrets of the Dying, she found that last regrets had little to do with the bucket lists we create and much more to do with living.

·         People regretted not living a life true to themselves instead of what someone else expected. (A life of Purpose.)

·         They wished they hadn’t worked so hard.

·         They wished they had expressed their true feelings.

·         They wished they had stayed in touch with friends.

·         They wished they had allowed themselves to be happier.

Today, take a moment to talk yourself into living more fully, and then do it again and again and again.
Tell your loved ones that you love them and show them that you do.
Tell yourself that you love you and show yourself that you do.
Show kindness to someone you don’t know.
Hold yourself true to your own wishes and dreams.
Be responsible for your own way in the world and your own happiness and you will have no regrets.
Be you, be well, be free.
Bertice Berry, PhD.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing concept to share just before the Birth of Christ's coming in to form!
    Thank you for sharing and I would like to share one more bullet point:
    I think many wished they would have said and truly felt these words... "I Love You" more than they did.
    Ashley Lee












    ReplyDelete