Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Day 361:Merry Christmas? / Live What You Believe


Merry Christmas?

So I’m going to just jump right into this because I have a new juicer and I’ve created something that will make me smile all day. It’s got beets, celery, parsley, cilantro, flax and chia seeds. There’s apple and blueberries, whey protein and ginger. I’ve given it a name, but I’m keeping it to myself.
Anyway, it’s Christmas morning and yesterday I got a note from a friend who wanted me to make sure that I kept Christ in Christmas and another wishing me Merry Mithramas after the Persian sun God born on December 25th. The date was used by Christian leaders as the birth of Christ to appease the pagans.
Someone else called and said “bahumbug” and I tried my best to ignore all of the forwarded messages on my cellphone from folks I only hear from on holidays.
So what does it all mean Corky? What do we do when we no longer believe that a guy in a red suit is coming down the fake chimney?
You can join me, or stay as you are; I take what I need to be better, do better, love more and reach my highest potential. Like the amazing beverage I’m having it has all kinds of things in it, and it’s good for me.
I am cut from the rock of Christianity and even though some scholars believe that the birth of Christ is somewhere closer to April 6---why I don’t know; I have chosen to live everyday as if it is the re-birth of my salvation.
Each day is new and so is my thinking. So Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Boxing Day, Happy You.
Live your beliefs so well, that others see the fruit and not your disagreement with the tree.
Be you, be well, be your beliefs.
Bertice Berry, PhD.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment