Monday, December 31, 2012

In This Moment


What’s In A Moment

If you set out to do anything for a year you will find out that a year is a very long time.
Writing this blog every day for one year has been a tremendous experience. I am grateful to those faithful readers who got up each day looking for a post, often emailing me when a new one was not yet there.
I am grateful to those who shared these posts with friends, family and colleagues near and far.
I am also grateful to those who read occasionally but wrote back to tell me thank-you; that they had been inspired.
Every lesson was from my heart and has helped to heal me. Each word of thanks and correction came from your hearts and I am grateful.
The list of folks who encouraged me along the way is too long and I’m sure I’d forget something or someone so in a way of appreciation, I will share this:
·         As requested, I will continue to write, but not daily, I will do so on a weekly basis.

·         Next week, I will begin a series called the Art of Living; The Practice
Every moment is filled with a world of possibilities. We go through life, complaining, whining and expecting someone else to be responsible for our own happiness.
The only person you can change is you. The only way you can do that is by taking a long hard look at yourself and doing it. It takes time, but time is on your side.
In one moment, you can change your mind. In three you can reflect and in 60 you can start the practice of doing the work.
Wellness is not about your body; it is about your spirit mind and body.
Unless all three are working in alignment, you are not well. Stop seeking a way to be pretty and start looking to be well; therein your pretty lies.
As we strive to be whole and complete, we illuminate a pathway for others to follow.
Every moment of every day, I am filled with love, simply because I dared to work on me.
When I did, the love that I desired enveloped me and carried me through.
Thank you for this moment, this year of reflection.
I will remember and love you forever.

Be You, BE well, Be Whole
Bertice Berry, PhD.

 

5 comments:

  1. You are amazing, amazing, amazing. Congratulations on completing this part of your journey. Thank you for having me along for the ride!
    I love you! =)

    Best wishes, love & kisses for '13!
    ~D. Hardeman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sister. You are more amazing than YOU know and I love and respect you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for encouraging me to be a better me. I hope that I will always be a work in progress and never become complacent. I love you! Blessings in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all thank you so very much for sharing your life with us for the last year. We appreciate you and how you are a role model for overcoming! We must all overcome something and embrace the journey while we do so. Thank you for putting the embracing part,the forgiving yourself part, and loving yourself part of our physical earthly travel into perspective.

    Living each day, we often hear about the long day, the hell week, a tough month, and we tend to think of a year as a long period of time. Why? Because someone, somewhere decided a year was the optimum measurement period. But if we change our take on the perspective and make each moment count for something, the year does not seem all that long.

    To paraphrase a current civil rights advocate - "Keep Change Alive" as we all change each day for the better.

    Much love into 2013 and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your inspiring words...and for a serendipitous tweet. Happy New YEAR OF TRANSFORMATION.

    ReplyDelete