Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 334: Crazy days and What We Can Do about Them


Crazy Days and What We Can Do About Them

Yesterday, I had one of the craziest days I’ve had in a very long time. I won’t go into the details---protecting the innocent and all, but it was one of those days where everything seemed off.
We all have these days, it’s how we respond to them that determines how we move forward.
I’m going to make this quick because I really don’t want to tempt fate or the stars nor the fullness of the moon; when things don’t go the way you planned, desired, hoped for, get your ego out of the way.
When people accuse you of things, the likes of which are nowhere near your heart or mind; don’t be defensive; remove the will to prove them wrong, apologize for any misunderstanding and move forward.
When someone wants to win a game that does not matter to you; let them.
And when you are driving your own car and someone else wants to determine the direction from the backseat; keep driving.
Sometimes life offers challenges that seem as meaningless as a Super Bowl game (I know I’ve offended my friends; not my intention. I only mean to point out that no matter who wins or loses; everyone, including the fans of the losing team will all be back again the following year.)
If we allow them to, the challenges of life will make us stronger.
Earlier this year, I hit my head in what seems like a meaningless, unnecessary way. The results of this minor accident became a major mess. There was no one to blame, no battle to fight (although one doctor did suggest that I sue a hospital---REALLY!!!)
The only choice I saw in the whole thing was to get well and be become better than I was before.

And so it goes with life. You can fight, or chose to be better than you were before.
Be you, be well, be chosen.
Bertice Berry, PhD.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment