Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 323; The Right Lighting


My actor friend and sister Daria
shines so bright that everyone around her looks better
Being Seen in the Just the Right Light
Ask any actor or performer about how important lighting is and they will tell you that it’s crucial. Bad lighting can make a good actor look—well, bad.
In everyday life, lighting is important as well, but real life lighting does not come from outside of the actor; it comes from within.
I recently heard from a reader who wanted to know how to make sure her intentions were always perceived correctly and how to correct those perceptions once they were misinterpreted. These are rather wonderful questions and I hope that my response is as well.
The underlying assumption of these lessons has and will be based on the idea that the only person we can change is our own self. When we change, evolve and grow, we illuminate a pathway for others to follow.
With that in mind let me go back to the notion of lighting; our inner light becomes the light we need; for ourselves and the world. As you grow and develop your own thoughts and actions you shine. I believe that our shine helps us to see how to avoid and correct our own mistakes. It also helps us to see things more clearly.
You cannot control the perceptions of others. If I come from a place of hurt and shame and I believe that others are always trying to hurt me and you step in to help, I will most likely perceive your attempt as another hurtful situation.
If I don’t grow and learn from my painful experiences, I will repeat them over and over again. I will come to believe that things are always painful and people are always out to get me.
There is not much someone can do to change that thought in me; I must change it myself.
Misinterpretations happen when I make assumptions based on my own past negative experiences.
But here’s the good news, we can do something for the situation when we shine our light. When we raise our vibration through personal growth and self-improvement, we learn to remove our ego and the need to be right, and will seek ways to help others rather than rejoice in their pain.
When I shine my light on a situation, my heart opens up and I am able to say “Forgive me, I love you, I’m sorry.” Not because I have wronged someone, but because I want that person to be able to let go of their pain and heal.
When we open our hearts and get out of our head, we can see that the misinterpretation has little to do with our own actions and more to do with the interpretation thereof---hence the name misinterpretation.
When we shine our light on the hurt of someone else, they are able to open up and be healed.
And again I say, the work has to start with you.
I hope I have made sense and if I have not shine your light a little brighter for me---come to think of it, do it anyway.
Be you, be well, and shine
Bertice Berry, PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment