Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 321; Better Than What You Planned


Better Than What You Planned
I’m in Newport Beach California. I got here yesterday and I’m on an early flight out today. My wonderfully hectic life is all over the place, each day is different from the day before; I plan it and like it that way.
There are times in all of our lives however, when our plans don’t turn out the way we want; they turn out the way they are supposed to.
I was here for a fundraiser for the HearAid Foundation, (Read more and join us) a small and powerfully purposeful group of folks who provide hearing aids, implants and devices for people who need but can’t afford them.
When I was first asked to speak at the event, I said yes because of my nephew’s struggles as a hearing impaired child and then adult.
At the time, I had no idea that I would need the folks who I was speaking for.
After a minor accident became a major mess, I am now faced with a struggle with tinnitus, which in my case is a very high pitch ringing in my left ear and both when I am tired and post-concussion disorder.
I did not plan to understand the needs of the folks who are served by last night’s event, but that’s what happened.
The event was moving, beautiful and round the way life is supposed to be. The theme for the gala was Resonance.
Resonance occurs when a system is able to store and easily transfer energy between two or more different storage modes; or as I say, when you walk with purpose, you collide with destiny.
In life, things happen; some good, some not so good. When the not so good happens, there can be the tendency to ask, “Why me?” This is a good question, but don’t wallow in the “me”; put your emphasis on the why.
When you do, you will see that life happens to everyone all of the time. When your time comes up and things come together; take the opportunity to see why and how you can help affect the life of someone else.
As you do, you will see that your plans were just a dress rehearsal for a much better performance.
Be you, be well, be better.
Bertice Berry, PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment