Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 307: Step Away From The Candy

...and your little cupcakes too.

Step Away From the Candy

Alright boys and girls, I know that there’s candy everywhere, Halloween will do that. She comes in and drops candy from the sky. There’s that lollipop at the bank and then the tiny chocolate bar on the desk of that woman---what’s her name?
Then there’s the trove that you have left over because you over-bought again and that one year you didn’t have enough you vowed to never let it happen again.
So here you are snacking; no eating just one move.
A few days ago, I told myself that I only have candy on Halloween; and that’s the Trick.
This time, instead of waking up with a bed full of little wrappers, I walked away, and I felt really good when I did.
But the next day, that left over candy was everywhere and everyone was offering it to anyone.
The trick of the Halloween candy is the trick of life; give yourself what gives you light and avoid the things that diminish it.
Sugar is hard to walk away from; we are as enslaved to it now as we all were during slavery.
Oops, did I write that?

Be you, be well, be the light.

Bertice Berry, PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment