Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 300; BE CREATIVE


Be Creative

Okay boys and girls, get out your glue guns and glitter because one of your most basic needs is the need to be creative.
When we were children, our parents and teachers understood this need and so they gave us paint and sidewalk chalk, crayons and silly putty.
“Go make something,” you were told and we all happily did so.
But something has happened since I was a kid. Toys are all computerized and the only thing kids get to make is noise so we give them headsets so even that is unheard.
I used to make all of my jewelry. I’d sit up at night when the house was quiet and make some wonderful piece that I’d give to a friend. My home was frequently visited by artists who would share their gifts with my children who are now all wonderfully creative.
A few days ago, in the midst of a stressful day, I decided that I needed to make something with my own hands again so I made the wonderful head piece you see in the picture above.
I’m no artist, but I’m proud of that fact that I made it myself.
There is a reason why we need to create; it makes us human and connects us with the Creator and all of creation.
I could write more, but I’d like you to go and make something. You can work with a young person or a group of friends. You can even do it alone, but make something.
You will feel amazing when you do.
Be you, be well, be creative,
Bertice Berry, PhD.

1 comment:

  1. Very creative headpiece. Looks very chic on your lovely head.

    ReplyDelete