Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day 291; Get Back the to Basics

Ready, Set, Dance


                                             Get Back to The Basics
Yesterday, someone reminded me of something I used to do. I had forgotten how much I liked to put on music and just dance. I danced until I forgot myself, my movements my rhythm, and my own thoughts.
I had forgotten how much I liked to wake up to large bottle of water.
I had forgotten the need and the power of singing.
Today, I’m getting back to the basics, the ones I lived by before a head injury, before my daughter’s illness, my mother’s death, my other daughter’s passing and life.
We all have things that take us off  our course and out of the game.
I’m imploring you to get back in your own game and get back to the basics of your life.
What have you forgotten about your own self?
What got left behind?
Sometimes when things don’t go the way we desire and life happens, we look for ways to make them right. In an attempt to do so, we often dismantle and eliminate a lot that was good.

Go back to your center, yourself and your you.
Be you, be well, be whole,
Bertice Berry, PhD.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment