Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 241; Inspired to Do Something

Me and Annette

Inspired to Do Something

After yesterday’s post, I heard from a veritable plethora of readers (boatload of y’all,) saying that they were moved and inspired by the actions of the students I had written about.
My sister/friend Annette wrote to me and said “Yes I was crying. And it has inspired me to do something.”
I thought about her words and then about her. Annette is inspiration. She has had several very serious health battles and each time, she emerges smiling and thankful.
Annette is the person who asked if I would donate a kidney to a friend. How could I say no?
It’s as if God asked me to save a life. And that’s just what happened, because if you can’t see God in your brothers and sisters who you can see, how will you see this invisible life force that holds us together.
Last week, when I was getting a little agitated with the pace of donor process, I called Annette who told me that I had a right to be agitated and even angry, then she told me to get back on the horse and do whatever is needed to save a life.
When I got up this morning, I was thinking about Annette and this question;
If you could have access to one of those airplanes that writes in the sky and the pilot that knew how to fly it; what message would you write today?
Keep in mind; you will be signing the messages (oh how the story changes when we know the author.)

·         What’s your message to others?

·         How would your message inspire?

·         What would it say about you?

Be well, be wonderful, be inspired.
Bertice Berry, PhD.
You better do something

No comments:

Post a Comment