Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 218: Talking To Yourself

Go inside your beautiful mind

Talking To Yourself

Today, I’d like you to join me in a wonderful little experiment; I’d like you to talk to yourself. I know you are probably saying, this woman has cut off all of her hair and has lost her mind. (Or maybe that’s just me talking to myself.)
There is always a method to my madness. Your instincts, intuitions and inner-self are trying to tell you something, but you don’t always pay attention.
Speak out loud, or sign to yourself allowing no one else to hear or see.
Tell yourself what you really think about you and listen to what you have to say in return.
This may sound completely wacky but take a moment and think about it. When you lose something, you don’t stand around and think about where it is; you actually ask yourself out loud. When you walk in a room and forget why you are there, you begin to speak to yourself, commanding your brain to engage with your mind (yes, they are different) to figure out how you got lost in the first place.
Stepping outside of the boundaries of your comfort zone requires that you think differently and it enables you to become more creative and productive in the process.
Ask yourself the following questions and answer them out loud or sign them where no one else can see you.

·         What do I like about me?

·         What do I love and adore---they are different.

·         What would I like to achieve this week?

·         I believe that nothing can stop me, therefore I’d like to--- (complete the sentence)

This is a wonderful exercise which should enable you to actually get to know you better. Try not to argue with yourself too much, allowing you to truly pay attention and learn.

Be you, be well, be understood.
Bertice Berry, PhD.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Bernice...Your message made a huge inpact on many of us at CHS. We are still speaking about the message a week later. We are still Singing in the Choir...sharing the music with anyone who will stop to listen as we share the journey.

    ReplyDelete