Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 226; No Next Time



No Next Time

It’s day 226 which means you still have 139 days to reach your goals. As a matter of fact, things are only now starting to kick in.
I’m a little tired this morning, okay, I’m down-   right exhausted. For the past three days, I have only had a few hours of sleep; not per day, for the entire time. I hardly ever push myself past empty but there were new people to meet, old friends to connect with and a favorite musician to adore.
I crammed a lot of things into the past few days and I am beat. I am also extremely content. I came home from “working” in Miami with the plans and the tickets to see a Keb Mo concert. If you haven’t heard of him, you should. I was tired and figured I just have to miss out and wait until the next time Mo came this close.(click and hear why Life is Beautiful)

I knew that Mr. Mo (his real name is Kevin More, but Keb Mo sounds oh so cool,) travels all over the world and has a hard time getting back to the US. What I didn’t know was that he would be performing without his band; just three guitars, a harmonica and Keb Mo.
The venue was small but packed with nothing but fans like me. It was in a small town in Georgia and you could only get there by the back roads. When my GPS lost a signal, I knew it would be a fun night.
My old graduate school buddy Bernita had come with me and we had done back roads before. But that had been almost 30 years ago when we still had a ridiculous sense of adventure.
We just threw our heads back and laughed at the GPS because we are old school, and always carry an atlas.
The concert was beyond amazing and Keb (we are on a first name basis now) played “way longer than he intended.” Everyone agreed that it was by far the best concert they had ever attended.
As we drove back laughing and eating Twizzlers to keep us awake (okay and because we like them,) I thought of all the times when I let fatigue win and passed up on Life only knows what.
I need to go back to bed, so I’ll get right to the point; live today like there is no next time.
I have hope that there will be plenty of tomorrows, but there are no next times for this moment.
It’s never too late to do what you should do, but meet your goals and realize your dreams NOW because the next time this exact moment of opportunity, change, growth, love and life cannot possibly exist.

Be you, be well, be NOW
Bertice Berry, PhD.


No comments:

Post a Comment