Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 224; Are You Playing The Harp?

Can ya hear me, can ya hear me, can ya hear me?

Playing The Harp

At some point in our lives, we have all played on the harp. If you are a parent or really love the work you do, then you have played it more than once.
Okay, I’ve grabbed you, so now I’ll school you and then I’ll call recess.
Playing the harp happens when you are trying to make a point; you start out right, in most cases, really right and then you turn a wrong corner by harping on and on and on.
I have been guilty of this a time or two with my children. Okay a bunch of times, but they just don't seem to listen but maybe they were listening and then at some point after I've made the point 50-11 times they tune me out.
Somewhere between a teachable moment and loving to hear ourselves, we get caught up and can’t let go.
When this happens the truth that you were telling becomes harassment and no one can hear what was really being said.
Because I want to make the point without being an example of it I’m going to wrap this up real quickly.

·         This lesson is for you and not your finger, so don’t point it.

·         Allow yourself to hear when you have connected and stop.

·         Saying that you’re not saying anything is saying something in a really passive aggressive way.

·         The silent treatment is just a really quiet harp and help me lord because that is annoying times itself.

·         Have faith in the truth you speak and allow others to learn their lessons just as you have.

Be you, be well, be Truth
Bertice Berry, PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment