Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 143 of Your Year to Wellness;The Constant Key

               On Consistency

The key to any kind of growth or change is consistency, but it’s much easier to talk about it than it is to be about it.
I must admit that when I set out to write this daily blog, I really didn’t have a true concept of what the word daily meant. I gave little thought to the fact that sometimes, I leave my house at 4:00 am for an early flight, or that when I’m at the NTI conference I have a 7:00am call time and some days don’t get back to my room until late at night.
I didn’t think about coastal flights that connect, nor did I realize just how dull my mind is at night making it difficult to do anything that has to do with writing.
Here’s what I did know, that I was taught to finish what I started, to let my yeah be yeah and my nay, a nay. I was told that your word was your bond and that if you ever broke it; that it should not be to your own self.
I love writing these posts. Some days are harder than others, but I know that if I hadn’t done this, I would not have connected to all of the amazing folks who are reading along daily. I would not have something to think about besides the constant ringing in my ear, and I would not be transforming into this better version of me.
Here’s the thing, for anything to be effective, you must be consistent. You must commit your heart and head to doing the same thing daily. You must get up, write, move, eat, drink water, dance, smile, tell someone you love them, read, learn something new, be still, care, reach out to connect and you must be.
We must do the same things over and over and over again until those things feel like a normal part of your daily life and then you have to take it up a notch.
Consistency is the key to anything. Diligence and hard work will always win.

So stick to it, and then stick to it some more.

Be you, be well, be consistent.
Bertice Berry, PhD.


No comments:

Post a Comment