Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 249: Hear Me Help Me

Early morning hook-up


Hear Me Help Me

Okay, I’ve got to ask for your help so I’m getting right to it. I’ve been able to get up each morning to share what I’m learning on this journey of transformation and wellness because of the help of some amazing people.
As the result of a concussion, I’ve been dealing with tinnitus. Every morning after I wake up and all day afterwards, I hear a loud screeching tone in my left ear. Some days when I’m tired I hear another tone in the right. This is accompanied by headaches and sometimes migraines. On those days I can barely see.
Still, I am joyous, uplifted and expectant of infinite good, because I know that I will get better and because I can still hear.
During my journey to wellness, my sister/friend Adri introduced me to a team of folks who not only helped me diagnose the problem, they helped me towards healing.
Invisible injuries are debilitating to the body and the spirit. They affect the folks who love you and the ways you respond to that love.
Anyone who has struggled with hearing problems knows that hearing happens in the ears, but listening is in the brain. The two work together to do what most of us take for granted.
The folks at Shohet Ear Associates connected me with the latest technology, treatment and understanding. The team is not just amazing at their work, they are also beautiful givers.
Every year, The Hear Aide Foundation raises funds to give the gift of hearing to those in need (mostly children) who can’t afford it otherwise. HearAidFoundation web site
My nephew suffered hearing loss when he was a child. He struggled through life by learning to read lips and came up with creative ways to appear to hear. When he finally got hearing aids (he needed two) we were all amazed by how much he had endured.
I can’t even begin to tell you the impact that hearing loss can have on a child. I know that just dealing with my own struggles is one of the most difficult challenges I have ever faced.

·         If you can hear, I want your help.

·         If you can’t hear, I want your help

·         If you have been touched by any post I want your help.

·         If you like music, I want your help.

·         If you believe in love, I want your help.

Go to the web site or use the address below and send a small donation.

In a few months I will be 52. You can use my age or your own. How many years have you had? Give something that represents that. I don’t want you to break the bank, just a token of hearing to someone in need.

Don’t worry, I won’t ask for my kids tuition; hey wait---okay, I won’t. I am asking that you help a kid you don’t even know.
Thank you, I love you.

Listen to your favorite piece of music and be grateful you can.
Be you, be well, be heard.
Bertice Berry, PhD.

Go to the link or write to Tanya Penn, President of the HearAid Foundation  at:

HearAid Foundation
446 Old Newport Blvd
Newport Beach, CA 92663
 
No it's not and IPOD
 
 

 
 

 

 

1 comment: