Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 247: Are You Lying to Yourself?

It was huge...okay there is no fish on this line.

Are You Lying to Yourself?

Okay, I know that for most of you, today is a holiday, so I will just get right to this so you can enjoy the day and apply the lesson at the same time.
The truth really does set you free, but you have to get through the marsh first.
We all have told ourselves those so called little lies; but when you keep telling them, you don’t really know where the lie ends and the truth begins. The lie becomes your truth; so much so that you can’t see it any other way.
Folks say they have certain beliefs and along with the beliefs comes a prescribed behavior but when that expectation is too difficult, people tend to lie about who they actually are.
I’ll give you an example; I have Christian friends who tell me that they don’t drink because they are Christian, then when I see them drinking wine (and mind you I don’t say anything, but I don’t drink either,) they will proclaim that wine is okay because Jesus drank it. I want to ask if Jesus downed three bottles too but I remain quiet.
When we profess that we are a this or a that, it’s much easier to get into trouble. We are all souls trying to live in a physical body; the two are often at odds.
When people ask if I’m a vegan I tell them that I am most of the time, but that from time to time I eat eggs and small amounts of dairy. If I profess to be vegan I’d be in trouble during those delicious cheese days.
I think you get my drift. The problem begins with I AM A…

We are all on the road to becoming. Let’s just keep it at that.

Be you, be well, be your truth.
Bertice Berry, PhD.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment