Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day 256; What's Happening Right Now?

Sitting low..

What’s Happening Right Now?

Okay, I’m going to keep this one brief; I’m in a hotel room that has one of those chairs that won’t adjust up. So I’m sitting down low and reaching up to the key board like a character from a Carol Burnett skit. (Go Google it youngsters.)
Anyway, I want you to read this then stop and pay close attention to what’s happening now. Then I want you to think again and see what’s really happening.
After reading this next paragraph, close your eyes (I can hear my mother saying, “I’m not closing my eyes. That’s how you get your pocketbook taken,”) ignore my mom and close them anyway.
When you do think about what is happening right now. Give it about a moment (which by the way is 3 minutes) and then come back to the next paragraph.
Okay, now, what came to your mind? Did you think of what had not been done and what you needed to get back to? Did you think of the argument you had last, or the bill you need to pay?
Obviously, there is much more going on than what came to mind first. We tend to think of the things that are somewhat broken because we want to get better and we want to find solutions.
You have what you need, but you have to get past the everyday stuff of life to get to it.
Now, I’d like you to close your eyes again and see all that is wonderful in your world right now. I’d like you to see the good that always exists right next to everything else.
Imagine the most wonderful solution to your situation and see yourself smiling.
Here’s the thing; life happens, and it is as the young folks say, all good.

So I’m sitting low, thinking high and hoping you can see just how good you have it.

Be you, be well, be the happening.
Bertice Berry, PhD.
Maintenance just came with a new chair
and now I'm sitting as I imagined

No comments:

Post a Comment