Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 253; Is That My Dream


Is That My Dream

This morning I overslept, but that’s because I was over-tired. I pulled myself out of the dream I had been having. In that dream, I was inside of someone else’s life. “This is not my dream,” I told myself. As soon as I did, I woke up wondering where I was.

It’s a little bit sad when you wake up in your own bed wondering where you are. I expect it to happen when I’m on the road traveling going from one very nice hotel to the next. When I’m at home however, in a room that has been wonderfully sanitized by my sister Christine, I should always know where I am.

I realized that I had been a little shaken by the dream, so I shook myself back into myself and got up to write; which takes me back to the point; are you living in someone else’s dream?

I’ve met so many people who tell me that they are not happy. As they reveal more and more about their unhappiness, it becomes very clear that they are not living their own dreams. They may or may not be living on the income of someone else but the real truth is that they have checked out on their own desires.

Today, I’d like you to take a very difficult look at your own life. Are you living what someone else wants for you, or are you living out what you want for you?

It’s an easy question to ask, but very, very difficult to answer.

You may have to do what I’m about to do; go back to bed and sleep on it.

Be you, be well, be your own dreams.

Bertice Berry, PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment