Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 213; Deserving What You Get


Deserving What You Get

We all know the adage; “You get what you deserve,” but my question for you today is do you deserve what you get?
It’s a simple turn around that asks, if you get what you are worthy of; are you worthy of what you get?
When we think of getting what we deserve, we typically think in terms of retribution and revenge; as in “That bully got what he deserved.” However, the word, “deserve” actually means to be worthy of or qualified for. To be deserving of something requires merit and work.
I don’t doubt that most folks have worked for what they have, but I don’t think that they see themselves as worthy.
We have been so beat down by experience, life and relationships that we begin to feel unworthy of the new life that is trying to come our way.
When a person feels unworthy, they will often sabotage their own goodness. (By the by, I love the word sabotage; it is believed to come from the act of Dutch workers putting their sabots; wooden shoes, in textile looms to stop the work in progress.)
We stop our own work in progress when we fail to be or recognize that we are worthy of the love and joy that life has to offer.
Today, ask yourself the following:

·         Do I feel worthy?

·         Do I show gratitude for the life and joy I have?

·         Do I reciprocate the love I receive or do I feel so unworthy that I return kindness with negativity and indifference?

·         Am I ready for all that I deserve?

As you ponder these questions (remember, you can only answer for yourself,) get ready for the answers because our purpose is to love and be loved and when a person seeks their purpose, the Universe conspires to answer.

Be you, be well, be worthy.
Bertice Berry, PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment