Friday, July 26, 2013


You Know You’re Getting Old When
Yesterday, I had one of those moments, not the hot flash or memory loss; those things happen to lots of folks all of the time.
I had a moment that told me that age was just around the corner; I heard a song from the 90’s and thought of it as current. I was on my way to my dance instructor who went to High School in the 2000’s and had never heard of Loretta Lynn.
I called a music download an album and told someone in their 40’s that they had no idea who young they were.
Although I still run up the high set of steps to my house, beating my 20 year old, I have to search for the house keys when I get to the door.
Life happens in stages or waves, depending on how you flow.
Let getting older come in like a wave and just ride it.
Be you, be well, be wise.
Bertice Berry, PhD.
 

1 comment:

  1. Just before he retired...my husband heard this definition: "'OLD' is 15 years older than you are right now." We like this....and we're stickin' to it!

    ReplyDelete