Monday, July 29, 2013

Wake Up and Dream


Awake and dreaming
Wake Up and Dream

Last night I had a nightmare. In it all of my naysayers stood around me telling me that I was dreaming and that I should stop.

They were all of the folks who have told me to stop dreaming; stop living; stop being.

My entire life is one big dream that keeps getting better when I believe, work, learn and do.

I told the naysayers just that and they laughed at me. Just when I was about to allow my feelings to be hurt, I noticed something; their laughter was not real. It was that uncomfortable laughter folks create when they realize that you know something that they don’t.

One of the naysayers stopped laughing and came and stood by me, then another and another.

Only a few were left shaking their heads, telling me to stop dreaming; to wake up.

So I started laughing because I remembered that I was dreaming and that what is real is what I define as such.

So wake up and dream. Conceptualize the dream and work hard at it.

Surround yourself with people who love and support you and your dreams even if they don’t understand them.

Everyone dreams; some just don’t remember.

Imhotep did, Einstein did, Mother Teresa did, Martin Luther King did.

Dream, learn, work, do and dream again.

Be you, be well, be a dreamer.

Bertice Berry, PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment