Tuesday, July 30, 2013

When Life Gets in The Way


Smiling at life---without make-up
When Life Gets in the Way

Yesterday I had the opportunity to replay some of the pain that falls onto every life.

For a moment I felt really low, but within seconds, I reminded myself that this pain had been a temporary occurrence and that with each and every downpour there had been a lesson, a lifting and a rainbow.

As I was able to see more clearly, I immediately started making a list of the good. I began to smile and decided to add to my list those not-so-joyous moments. I was counting it all joy and when I did, I could see how the pain had enabled the love to shine brighter.

I don’t want to be in your head all day, but when something happens that is not what you’d like it to be; stop and get in your heart. See the light that shines there and see the good.

Be you, be well, be getting better.

Bertice Berry, PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment