Friday, March 22, 2013

Working In My Sleep

Working in my sleep:
click on the link below and check out my day work

Working in My Sleep

Last week I heard a young man say that he wished there 26 hours in a day. That way, he said he could get more work done.
I smiled and gave the young man a look of wisdom. I stared at him until he felt uncomfortable and then I asked a question; “Do you know why there are 24 hours in a day?”
He said he didn’t and so I made my move; “There are 24 hours in a day because if there were any more, all of the type A people would kill themselves.”
He laughed and thanked me and we went our separate ways and I felt that I had earned another day’s membership to AARP.
Most hard working people stay up way too late, but I like to go to bed early. I’ve written about my love for working in the early morning hours, but now I’d like to share an even richer secret; I work in my sleep.
I know it sounds crazy, but some of the best things we have, we utilize, and enjoy were created from someone’s dreams.
You’ve got work to do, so I’ll just get to it.
Tonight before going to sleep write down something you’d like to work out. It can be a project, a relationship or even a question you have about your own past.
Carl Jung said that dreams were a completion of the day’s activities, and my mama said in your dreams you can have whatever you want.
Keep paper and pen near you and when you wake up, start writing. Don’t even open your eyes; just write.
There is a space between sleep and awake where we actually begin to forget the things we did in our subconscious. I find that by keeping my eyes closed when I start to write, I am still able to hold on to the thought.
Everyone dreams, but most of the time, we don’t remember the dream.
When you feel that you can recall what you dream, open your eyes and write down the impressions you got.
Whenever I’m working on a project and I need an outline, or blueprint, I take my work to sleep.
Sounds crazy I know; I learned it from Einstein.
Here’s a link to my TEDx presentation and something else I picked up from imagination and dream-work. Enjoy. The Space Between Life and Laughter

Be you, be well, be dreaming
Bertice Berry, PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment