Wednesday, March 13, 2013

See the Truth in Yourself


Seeing the Truth in Yourself

The way we see the world is the way we see ourselves. That’s the plain and simple  truth but rather hard to take.

Still, deep inside, we know that it’s correct, that to our own self we must be true.

Yesterday, I was having a not so "pretty" day. This does not happen often, in fact, I look almost the same all of the time and I almost always feel beautiful. Somehow yesterday, I felt that I was less than that.

Everything seemed to be off, wrong and downright against me. I immediately knew the source of this conspiracy "against me"; it was me.

I shifted my thinking back into beautiful mode and the world went right. (Okay, I had the help of my sister and a very handsome friend who made me laugh at my own ridiculousness but we all need somebody to lean on.)
When we hide the truth of who we really are and how we truly feel, that truth creeps up in our attitude toward the world.

If you want to make the world a better place, start with you.

As you begin to feel better about yourself, you will feel better about the world you live in.
I know you have work to do, so I will let you get to it; but the real work is the work we all have to do on ourselves.

“To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.”~~ Shakespeare's Polonius was speaking to his son Laertes, but was also speaking to himself.

What we tell our children, is also what God is telling us.

“Don’t worry about what Bookie is doing, worry about yourself.”~~Me to my son and God to me.

Be you, be well, be true to you.

Bertice Berry, PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment