Monday, March 11, 2013

We Just Don't See It

Find a little joy wherever you are

We Just Don’t See It

Research and my mother point out that at any time there is much more good happening than there is bad; we just don’t see it.
We are wired, then socialized, then trained to find the bad so we can root it out like the Rotor Rooter Man, or worse;The Exorcist.
We watch a movie and zero in on what the director did wrong or what we didn’t like. We can go to a great restaurant, eat the food that someone else is paying for and talk about how some other place is much better.
We just don’t see the wonder and life that is happening all around us all of the time, because well---we just don’t want to.
I don’t know about you but I’m old enough and have been around long enough to fixate on all of my flaws. I know them inside and out. I know my flaws so well that when I do better, I tell myself that this is not good enough.
Today, I’d like you to take a temporary holiday from the job of witch-hunter and I’d like you to see the good.
Look closely and see the smile on the kid's face or the couple holding hands.
See the bird soar across the sky and watch as the squirrel stores a nut. If that doesn’t move you take note when someone actually says thank-you and someone else says please.
Look deep into your newspaper for that story that makes you smile and avoid the gossip magazines.
Look beyond the wrinkles on your own face and see the wisdom in your eyes.
Instead of looking for what’s wrong, today, I want to see what’s right.
“When a person seeks their Purpose, the Universe conspires to answer.”
Seek the truth and you will hear angels and my mother saying a hearty Amen.

Be you, be well, SEE
Bertice Berry, PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment