Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 80 of Your Year to Wellness: The What

Who are you when no one is around?

Bringing Forth; Finding the Way

I received a wonderful comment and question to yesterday’s post. It prompted me to do something I have not done; a sequel. Like Steven Spielberg, I’m not that big on them, but this is not E.T. and life has no real end.

The reader commented that the posts often leave them speechless and then wanted to know how to bring forth that which is within.

The answer is like the question; simple and yet profound.

 For too long we’ve allowed others to take us in the direction that they’d like us to go. The advertisers, media, government, religion and family; agencies of socialization that are supposed to teach us truth have fallen into a trap themselves. This trap has kept us from our true North; our path to Freedom.

The question of how to bring forth is really a question of what to bring forth. I have been teaching the idea of finding your purpose for over 20 years and during that time all kinds of systems, classes and techniques have cropped up. No one can answer the question of who you are but you.

We must uncover our own purpose; our calling in life; our uniqueness, but as the reader pointed out, we all need a guide. Today pay close attention to the following:

·         Your nature; how are you really?  Are you gentle, headstrong, bold, or curious?

·         Your energy; are you high strung, easy going, fast paced or do you sit still?

·         Your heart’s desires; without someone telling you, what do you want?

·         What do you want to change in the world?

·         What are your talents?

·         What was the nature of your parents? (You chose them, and it is the combination of their spirit that has made you.)

·         What has been your biggest hurdle?

·         What do you love to do?


Your purpose lies in the answer to these questions.

This is a huge quest and not something that can be done in just one day. Write these questions down and keep them with you. (Use your own hand to write them. It will have a bigger impact than cutting and pasting.) Throughout the remainder of the week, think about who you truly are and what you are here to do.

I love this journey and I am so grateful that we are on it together.

As we become well, we make the world a better place.

Be you, be well, be YOU
Bertie Berry, PhD.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Dr. Berry, Thank you for anwering my question from yesterday. I have written down the questions and am going to start lifting other people's stuff off so I can set the answers free. I feel like the answers are buried underneath my 125 excess pounds and stuffed all the way down to my knees and are literally screaming in pain to be let out. In the meantime, please remember me. When I am at times speechless when reading your blog,it is because warm tears fall freely from feeling your words. I think they are my key and for this, I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome and on your way to becoming whole. Remember, don't look at what's wrong, look at what's right. The book outlines the wellness plan and this blog is just the thing I do each day to help keep us on track.
      In the book I point out that when I weighed 250 pounds I hated myself and I hated myself some more until I looked up and weighed 290. Things can be worse and if we don't undo the stuff that got us here, it will be. Love you today and start to see all that you are. Remember, wellness does not happen over night, it happens every night. I'm so grateful to have you on this journey.

      Delete