Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 65 of Your Year to Wellness; Look Back to Go Forward

Recall, Recollect and Remember

I don’t know about you, but from time to time, I have to review what I’ve learned. I have run into people who’ve read a book that I’ve written and they will want to discuss the characters. I smile politely as they recall the exact words that I have written knowing that as soon as I get back home, I will have to reread my own work so I can know what that reader was talking about.

We all need a review. This is especially true for those folks who live and learn fully. You do so much that it’s difficult to remember all of the things you’ve done and the lives you have touched. Every now and then, you need to take a quick look back.
Your wellness is not just about the body, it is the realignment of your spirit mind and body.
The first step in becoming well is to have an appreciation for the body you have now. Gratitude goes a long way and it is the cornerstone of this wellness program. I had very little appreciation for the inner workings of my ears until I started hearing a high pitched tone that no one else could hear. I’ve learned that what the body lacks, the mind tries to replace; hence the high pitched tone. I not only have an appreciation for something that I only noticed long enough to decide which earrings to wear, but I also have a greater appreciation for the connection between the spirit, mind and body.
Here is today's review:
·         Are you eating? You should be eating at least 6 small meals each day and drinking water after each meal. Your body needs fuel and you should manage your appetite the same way you would manage pain; stay ahead of it.

·         Are you moving? Your body was made for movement. Get up from your chair and move. Small movements for short intervals are more efficient than 2 hours at the gym. Remember, you are your gym and you have a lifelong membership.

·         Are you sleeping? You need at the very least 6 hours of sleep each day. Sleep enables you to properly download and store all that you are learning. This is also the time of restoration and rejuvenation for your physical body. Try chamomile tea before bed and remember to turn that TV off. Read a book instead.

·         Shift your world view by seeing the whole picture and avoid the naysayers and the nit-pickers. When you feel better about yourself, everything around you will look better. Go back to previous posts and read more about how to stay clear of negativity.

·         Enjoy your life by inspiring others. Remember, e=mc2


Every life has a rearview mirror, but remember the windshield is much bigger.

Be well, Be you, Be the change we need in the world.

Bertice Berry, PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment