Friday, March 11, 2016

Shower The People You Love With Love


Investing in Love



An investment is defined as the time, energy, or matter spent in the hope of future benefits actualized within a specific date or time frame.

I must admit that I have spent a great deal of my time, energy and matter on folks and events that will never result in a return.

If I sound a little callous, stay with me---or don’t, because I’m at the age where I get to see concrete examples of the true value of life. I know that everything comes around and all roads lead to the truth.

I’ve watched folks put their time, love, energy and efforts towards family and friends who just don’t like them back. Then, when something happens and that person is in great need they get the proverbial, we’ll-be-praying-for-you. 

Behind their backs the truth is much worse. The same folks who have benefited from the sacrifice of another will laugh and smirk about how that sufferer should have taken better care.

And then there’s karma.

But I digress, or do I?

I really don’t want to spend any more time on the areas of your life that have not, will not, won’t be there for you when you need them.

I want to spend this time with you. 

Why do you run to the folks who shun you and ignore the ones who remain faithful?

Why do you give all of your energy to the churches, clubs and associations where nobody knows your name?

Why do you seek to be included in “family” events only to be mistreated when you show up?

And why do you ignore all of the beautiful children and older folks, who need, love and desire your attention?

Folks, I’m asking, no imploring you to reassess your portfolio. You can pick your family; choose wisely.

Be you, Be well, be vested.


Bertice Berry, PhD.


No comments:

Post a Comment