Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Self-Conscious, Self-Aware or Consciously Connected

 I have a wonderful friend who is totally brilliant. In fact, he is a genius. He often feels the need to inform me that he is self-aware.

I resist the urge to tell him that he’s not aware of anyone else, and just smile and nod my head.

To be self-conscious is to have an inflated awareness or perception of your appearance, actions and ultimately your power to destroy someone else with the run in your stockings.

Self-awareness is the conscious understanding of yourself; your personality, desires and ways.

I’m striving to be consciously-connected; to have a deliberate awareness of myself and how I fit into the world around me.

On a daily basis I seek to know myself, to seek improvement and to connect to others who are doing the same.

That’s it. I’m hoping this helps you see that you are not alone, that everything is not about you, but ultimately it’s all for you.

Be you, be you, be Consciously Connected.


Bertice Berry, PhD.


No comments:

Post a Comment