Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Reaping What You’ve Sewn

We all want to get a return on what we invest; or do we?

The truth is, we want a return on the good that we’ve planted and we want everything else to go to rot.

From what I understand about karma, the law of reaping and sewing and even the Law of Attraction, it just don’t work like that. (Yes, I do be having a PhD.)

We get a return of all that we plant. The things I’ve said to my children are also said to me (usually by them.)

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve learned to focus my intention and planting towards only what I really want a return on.

(If you think that last sentence was clumsy, you should try thinking it and then doing it.)

Fortunately, I’ve come across techniques for focusing my intention and learning how to truly mean what I say.

In the book, The Astonishing Power of Emotions by Esther and Jerry Hicks, the authors point out that we have an inner-self. This inner-self is the soul of the self and then we have the self. They are not so much in conflict as they are in a struggle for agreement. (If you’re married you understand this. If you’ve been divorced, like I have then you really do.)

The inner self is the true you, but we struggle with the world around us. We believe that what we see, hear, touch, taste and smell is all there is. To make matters even more interesting, we allow all past encounters to dictate who and what we are right now.

Now, the inner self is determined to be in joy, while the self that we show the world struggles to just get by.

So how do we bring these selves together; how do we get them to agree?

In their book, The Hick’s point out that the sixth sense lies within your emotions, and when you learn to listen to them, you can find the direction you need to go in.

There is another book, HeartMath by the HeartMath Institute that provides a technique for doing just that.

Every day, I employ the Freeze-frame technique. And each day, I get closer to expressing and living in the joy that I say I want.

You can find the Freeze Frame technique on YouTube, but if you really like to read (and you must) I’d suggest that you read both books.

I truly believe that all things work together for the good; even the things that I say I don’t want.

Every day, we all have the opportunity to look, learn, grow and direct our lives in the direction we need them to go in.

Be you, be well, BE.
Bertice Berry, PhD.

Join the conversation on Periscope



No comments:

Post a Comment