Monday, January 28, 2013

The Art of Living Week 4---Seeing God


Seeing God

Last year, I wrote a blog every single day without ever writing about religion, and this year, I plan to do the same.
While I will not touch your organized religion, I want you to touch the essence of God.
There are many who follow these posts who do not believe in God, and I must say that there are some days when I can totally understand why.
Those of us who call ourselves believers have often reduced God to a man in the sky; one we use like an ATM; going to “him” when we are in need of a “special” blessing.
We use this God to win at everything from a football game to an unnecessary war. (Don’t even get me started on the idea of “necessary.”)
The God that we hold up has hands and legs and walks around like Santa checking on whohas been naughty and who has been nice, all the while dispensing out goodies for those “he” loves.
We are at best hypocrites and at worst unbelievers, because while we claim that God is omnipotent; able to do all things, we do not believe that folks can change, that love is real or that we have to play a part in our own existence.
So this week, I’d like you to expand your horizon and see God. God is all-knowing, all powerful and everywhere---so see “It” that way.
See God in everything; the face of a child, the plant on your desk, the running of water and the bird on a wire.
See God in everything and everyone and recognize that saying that God is neither male nor female, that it is a Spirit is not enough. You Must believe IT.
This week:
·         Get a copy of Seeing God by my friend Thomas A. Williams, PhD.---you will be grateful when you do.

·         Practice the presence of God in you---know that you are more wonderful than you can imagine

·         Take a moment for the arts, music, dance and any artistic expression; see God in it.

·         Each night, write a list of the miracles you witness---hint: the more you open your eyes, the longer your list.

·         Share your insights with someone with love

·         Write a letter to God and please tell her that I’ve been good. (Okay, I’m kidding but if you think I’m in trouble with God, read this post again---or just pray.)

I see God in everything and everyone and I know there is more to be revealed.

Be you, be wonderful, See

Bertice Berry, PhD.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment