Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Year To Wellness

A few years ago, I embarked on a journey to wellness which resulted in the loss of 150 pounds. I became more balanced, healthier and much more grounded. (http://www.ayearto.com/) My relationships improved and more importantly, I learned to appreciate myself and my work even more. That's the good part.
 I once had lunch with Bill Cosby who pointed out a beautiful truth; "The difference between rich and wealthy," he said "is maintenance."
How true. This year, my 50th has been amazingly tough;my daughter was seriously ill and I also suffered several injuries; a broken hand, emergency gall bladder removal and recently a head injury. I wondered why all of these things were going on AFTER I had become well. The answer was simple and beautiful. Getting well is only the start, staying well is when the real work begins. I've had to face the fact that I have maintenance work to do and so I've decided to share the journey with you. I hope you enjoy what I know will be a wonderful ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment