Monday, October 7, 2013

The One Thing You Should Never Save



  The One Thing You Should Never Save
Whitney Houston sang about it and so did the Jackson Five. I’m not a big fan of guessing games, so I’ll just tell you that the one thing you should never save is love.

Love cannot be quantified nor can it be forced in to a system or sold on a love stock exchange. Love can be withheld, stopped, shut down; and still Love will never cease.

Love can never be made into a pie and then thought of in terms of a zero sum power where if you give up some to one person, everyone else gets less.

Love never fails.

The more love you give, the more you get, so why are we so stingy with love?

This week and every week that follows, I’d like you to join me on an experiment. Every morning, make a list of ways to be more loving.

Send a note to someone you’ve been thinking of, compliment a stranger. Say “I love you” to folks who would not expect it and make a note of the reactions.

Make observations on how you feel when you extend love. Is the reaction immediate? How long does it last? Are some folks more receptive than others?

Love is the one thing that should never be kept, saved or stored away; love must be lived, shared and renewed.

Join me in love and share your observations with others.

 

I love you.

Be you, be well, be loving.

Bertice Berry, PhD.


No comments:

Post a Comment