Monday, October 14, 2013

For Every Need There Is A Purpose...


My little sister Steph
…And For Every Purpose There Is A Need

Last week, my little sister/friend Stephanie Hill shared an amazing story. A friend had passed away. It was a tragic loss. Anthony was only 22. He was just moving into his first apartment and was excited and uplifted. Anthony had suffered from Type 1 Diabetes for 12 of his 22 years. So when Anthony didn’t respond to his mother’s calls, she knew that something was wrong.
 Anthony lived that kind of life that left a big impression on those around him.

His father died when he was young, but Anthony took care of his mom and grandmother like the old soul folks knew him to be. A year ago, when his mother found love, Anthony walked her down the aisle.

When I read Stephanie’s email about the loss of someone so special, I wondered how his mother would be able to move on.

Stephanie told me that she would be walking for a cure and she attached the articles for me to read. There in the attachments, I read the gift that has inspired me to the heavens.

I didn’t have to worry about Anthony’s mother Nina. She knew the gift of her son and allowed his life to continue to shine.

Nina had lost her son, but her friend Tikara’s son was terribly ill and in need of a kidney transplant.


I have no idea how someone in that much pain could be so present to think fast enough and do this amazing thing.

I have always felt that for every need there is a purpose and for every purpose there is a need.

Anthony, Nina, Tikara, and Ryan are proof of this necessary life cycle.

Stephanie walked yesterday for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, but you can still make a donation. (Push Steph beyond her goal)

This week and every week that follows, find a way to allow your purpose to fill a need. You don’t have to donate a kidney, but I’m sure you have something that someone needs right now.


I love you.

Be you, be well, be Purpose.

Bertice Berry, PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment