Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 24 of The art of Living; What We All Need


What We All Need

We all need this; can’t live without it and yet, we don’t get or give it enough.

We all need inspiration and affirmation. We someone to be that mirror of light, reflecting the good and potential we have and can possess.

I’ve often wondered about the about the tipping point between inspiration and deprivation. In other words, how many people does it take to inspire someone to greatness without which they would end up on a downward spiral to despair?

I’m certain that the margin is miniscule; that the difference between making it and not may depend on just one person saying the right thing at the right time.

In my own life, I have had many detractors, but I have also had just enough goodness to keep me focused on my goals and purpose.
Here’s the thing and I’ll make it quick because you have work to do, we get the inspiration we need when we give it.

Light attracts light; we need we.

Tell someone they are beautiful, wonderful and powerful just as they are. Encourage someone to be what they desire to be. Enlighten a pathway for someone who is just about to give up and I can assure you that your day will be brighter too.
Be the tipping point for a child or young person. Be the touch and grace for one who is old.

Inspire someone and you will be inspired too.

Be you, be well, be great.

Bertice Berry, PhD.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment