Monday, April 22, 2013

The Art of Living Week 16: Don't Miss Your Date With Destiny


Don’t Miss Your Date With Destiny

I believe that when you walk with Purpose, you collide with Destiny. In other words when you live your day-to-day life with purpose and mission as your guide, you will inevitably reach your destination.
While Purpose is the individual drive, Destiny is for the good of the collective.
Here’s the thing, we often step out of line and away from our own dreams just when they are about to manifest. When we do, we miss our date with our own destiny.
I will admit that it is often difficult to stay on the course when others appear to be having the time of their life, doing whatever they please.
When I was much younger, I often cried about my internal drive to “do the right thing” no matter what. I secretly wished that I could be like my peers; floating whichever way the wind took them. Still, my compass kept pointing me to my North and, try as I might, I could not go in any other direction.
My friends would tease me, calling me “The Square,” or Miss Goody Two Shoes. They would laugh at me saying that I was more saved than Jesus and then when no one was looking, they would ask me to pray for them.
I never saw myself as holy, or square. I actually felt like I was the one who was free to roam and do whatever I wanted, simply because I did what I needed to first.
After class and the library, I would play pool until late evening, but at 3:00am, I’d be back up studying. I had the liberty to do what I wanted because I did what I needed.
What is your raison de’etre; your reason for existence. Just as William Wilberforce chose to dedicate his life to the abolition slavery in England, you get to choose. What is your reason? What are you here for?
Are you doing what you can on a daily basis to achieve your life-long goals?
When opportunities arise for you to achieve your dream, do you complain and walk away or are you prepared?
When we fail to do what we have decided to do, we can miss out on the opportunity of a lifetime.
Don’t miss your date with destiny. Stay on your path of Purpose.
Be you, be well, be ready,
Bertice Berry, PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment