Monday, November 16, 2015

A Call for Helpers

Send Out Love

This past week, I’ve had more than one reason to call for prayer. 

It happens when I've seen something in the world that leaves me speechless, so I will wake up my children wherever they are and ask that they pray with me. I’m usually too stunned or sad to lead the prayer myself, so one of them will have to do it.

After the attacks in Paris, and I called for prayer, my daughter reminded me of a quote from Fred Rogers. Mr. Rogers, as he’s known to children of all ages, said,

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers.’ You will always find people who are helping.”

So I’m calling for helpers; those who are willing to do whatever they can from wherever they can.

I need you to send out love. Light a candle, say a prayer and most importantly, send out love. Take a moment in every hour to sit silently in peace. Meditate on love. Think of the helpers; the ones who raise the energy so high that the story moves from one of pain, to one of love.

In times like this, we often feel that we need to be angry, but I am learning that what we really need is more love.

When you increase your wellness, you eradicate the sickness before it even happens. I’m imploring you to do the same for the world.

Send out love.
Be you, be well, be love.
Bertice Berry, PhD.




No comments:

Post a Comment