Monday, February 2, 2015

Making the Most of Every Moment


Making the Most of Every Moment

Speedy died. Speedy is my 22 year old daughter’s guinea pig. My daughter called out for me and came into my arms crying. I couldn’t understand anything she was saying and for a split second, I feared the worse; that one of my other children had been in a terrible accident.

When I realized that she was crying for her guinea pig I was relieved; my daughter however, was not.

She sobbed uncontrollably and I asked her what pained her the most. My daughter looked at me and said, “I should have held him more.”

Well, now I cried and together we found the secret that the Secret meant to reveal; that if you want an abundant life you must make the most of your life. You must hold it more.

So, I want you to embrace your life, your loved ones; pets and all. Embrace every moment that you have. Cherish them and hold on to them more deeply, more often, more-more.

End every call, email and text with a word of appreciation, respect and love.

When you hug someone or something, hold on a little longer.

Smile bigger and let that smile remain.

Laugh harder, louder and more boldly.

Sing even when you can’t.

Sit and stare at nothing until something comes to mind.

Go around your home or office and touch the furnishings---give thanks for those who made, sale and use them. (This was one of my mother’s practices. She’d cry out hallelujah ---you can do it too, but maybe not at the office.)

Look at yourself and be grateful for all that you are and can be.

Be you, be well, be the moment.

Oh yeah and I love you.

Bertice Berry, PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment