Monday, April 21, 2014

Say Yes To What You Don't KNOW

 When You Don’t Know Say Yes

The past week will go down as one of the most refreshing, exhilarating, inspiring and eye opening weeks of my life.

It was an amazing week. I did new things, met and connected at a deep level with new folks, was affirmed, confirmed and reified all in one week.

But all of that newness came at a cost---I am physically drained.

Now, folks who know me also know that I rarely get tired. I sleep when it’s time to; get up when it’s time to and go back to sleep before I will allow my body to burn out my brain.

This week was deliciously draining, so yesterday, I found myself ready to stop mid-sentence.

I’d shared the day with family and I decided to stop in the middle to let the young folks go do their thing.

They pleaded with me to join them saying all the things a parent loves to hear. Things like, “It won’t be the same without you and come on, we need you.”

Reluctantly, I pushed through and went on the end of day boat ride.

As we rode up the river, I thought of all of the wonderful things I had done that week and how with each new thing, I had been reluctant but then had given in.

I could see that everything I had embraced was something I desperately needed but was afraid to receive.

What goodness are you missing out on because you are tired; afraid, or just green?

Learn to say yes to what you don’t know and let life take you on a beautiful ride.

Be safe, be wise, be yes.

Bertice Berry, PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment