Monday, February 10, 2014

What You Do Have?


           What You Do Have?

For the last few weeks I have been stuck in weather travels. My original flights had been canceled and I had to find and book another flight to the frozen tundra, which I did, but then I could not get back home.

I had three days to ponder my situation.  I watched the news and heard words like apocalypse and catastrophic, and I saw people fighting over who should have done what and I quietly began to ponder the notion of personal responsibility for a collective change.

Being stranded in a really nice hotel will do that to you.

Friends and family called to see if I was okay and I moaned as I ordered yet another salad from room service.

I didn’t have to hear about how bad someone else had it for me to know how good things really were.

Let me get to the point; it can always be worse; but it can also be better.

Being better requires that you see how good it really is.

Today I’d like you to ponder this; what do you have.

Most of us (about 99%) can use more money. Some of us would like to have less weight and more health. We’d love to feel safe and loved and all of that is good, but I want you to think about what you already have.

Before you complain about your job; be grateful and get better at doing it. Fall back in love with the partner you picked and realize that in some ways your kids are a reflection of you (emphasis on some.)

Take pride in the things you have and give them some cleaning, maintenance and love.
Cold outside, but warm in here

I’d like you to mentally ponder the things, the life and the love you have and then I want you to know that it could be better, but it already is.

Be you, be well, be grateful.

Bertice Berry, PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment