Monday, March 19, 2018

The Long Road

The Long Road

                                                               



Life is a series of roads. We are all moving towards one goal or another. We measure and mark the journey with milestones and makers of completion, but sometimes, we need to take a long look back.

I’ve had to do that a lot lately. It took a crazy flu to make me slow down and take a rest.

When you go through life full-speed, it’s difficult to see what you pass; or what you’ve left behind.
I don’t have regrets, but I know that I’ve missed some things.

So, for three weeks of going nowhere and saying very little, I was forced to look back.

This journey has been beautiful. It’s been fraught with obstacles and detours. I have gotten off track and back on again, but when I slow down and look closely, I can hear the ancestors telling me to “go ‘head.”

I can hear God saying, “You are my beloved, in you I am well pleased.”

And I can hear the children from the future saying I’m so glad that I knew her. I am so glad that she showed me love.

Stay the course Dear Hearts, but take a moment to look back and know that you are marvelous.

Be you Be Well Be Marvelous


Bertice Berry, PhD.

2 comments:

  1. I remember saying to my Mom this weekend, when she drove with me down to pick up my 5 week old granddaughter for her first overnight with me, as she was feeling anxious about getting back and making sure we got there safely (It was an hour and a half drive) to "stop and smell the roses" "Enjoy the journey" It was a beautiful sunny day. I was able to get some pictures of all of us together - 4 generations! God is good:)

    ReplyDelete