Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 207; Lighting A Candle or Cursing The Dark



 Lighting a Candle or Cursing The Dark

Yesterday, while reading book two of Robert McCammon’s series in historical fiction that reads like real and now, I came upon this parable; “Better to light a candle than to curse the dark.”
I stopped reading wrote down the phrase and began to ponder the meaning of this wonderful phrase.
 Of course, I pondered so long that I fell asleep and in that blissful state of REM, I saw myself walking through a dark tunnel. As I did, I bumped into walls and stepped on things that wriggled and squirmed under my feet. I went on like this for some time until I realized that I had something in my hand. Using my other hand to feel what it might be, I discovered that I was holding a flashlight. It had been there the entire time. I turned in on and saw that with one more step, I would have fallen into a pit that appeared to have no end.
When I awoke from this rather wonderful dream I knew that I had done what Carl Jung had supposed when he pointed out that dreams are a completion of the day’s activities.
How many times have you held the light of intuition but did not allow it to illuminate your decisions?
We cannot control the darkness, but we can light our candle of intuition, of love, of knowledge, of education and wisdom.
When we improve our own attitude we can illuminate our own path.

There are plenty of situations that seem hopeless and frustrating; light a candle, change your mood, illuminate your spirit.

That’s it.

Be you, be well, be the candle.
Bertice Berry, PhD.


No comments:

Post a Comment